Monday, September 19, 2005

Well, what was in the box?

The weekend was great, I was surprised by Mexican food and Zombies and I got to sleep late on Sunday. Mmm good.

I went to Sue Farmers Costumes and got a wig for my zombie outfit and also buried my clothes and had my brother drive over them with his car. This costume is going to rock. I played around with latex some more and I've decided what works best. Peeling bloody flesh! So I'm going to get some more latex and a bucket of blood and I should have everything I need. Well almost, I still need some colour type make up.

My brother told me about a dodgy thing that happened at Yu Gi Oh. One of his friend's card file was stolen about two weeks ago. On saturday another kid arrives with a file, the contents of which bear a remarkable resemblance to the one that went missing. Anyway, when confronted the kid tells them that he won some of the rare cards and he dad gave him money to but the rest on the internet. Now we're talking a whole bunch of really valuable cards here, like the equivalents of Black Lotus and Moxe's. My brother did some digging around and found out that the place where the kid claims to have won the cards never had those cards as tournament prizes. Also one of the cards only comes with a Yu Gi Oh computer game that is not available in this country. Anyway, the kid, about 15, eventually gets scared and hands over the file, and two hundred bucks so that my brother and his friends would keep quiet.

At this point one of this kid's friend's parents finds out and comes over and flat out demands that the cards be returned to the kid saying that my brother and his friends are bullying the kid. My brother and friends handed over the cards. Now the thing is I can see my brother being intimidating and not altogether reasonable so tonight I'm going to help him sort the problem out. I'm going round to see the kid's parents to see if we can work through the issue and clear up the misunderstanding. Wish me luck.

So what was in Zenstar's box, wouldn't you like to know? Well actually it was a bunch of stuff, mostly useless, but highlights included: Sweets, Paper Clips, A Mysterious Web Address, A Bent Straw, A Coffee Loyalty Card and all the cash he would have won.



Anyway, enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Synkronos said...

Punch the kid and the parent one for me. That kind of shit makes me fucking sick, especially at that age group. I expect fucktards as you get older, but I don't expect kids to be fucking slimy bastards. I swear, if I ever catch someone trying to jack a file or whatever, that person will be so fucking sorry.

Synkronos said...

Erm, that initial rant done with, don't be a fucking retard and leave your file full of expensive shit lying around, because people are fucking slimy bastards.

Patrick Schreiber said...

Synk,

point number the second, I'm in total agreement.

point 1: You see, no matter how "coincidental" it looks, there is no real proof. If the guy's parents say that they gave him the cash well then there's nothing we can do. Hell it may even be the truth!

Also, this dude gave a fake address, so now the only contact we have for him is a phone number, we're currently trying dodgy ways of finding the address.

Synkronos said...

Wow. Fake address. How surprising for someone who just stole something. Or not, as the case may be. Do you have a name, and what is the phone number?

Yes, lay in wait with a swing sock.

zenstar said...

take a tonfa to the bastard like last time!

btw: prize box = cool! tx

(keep forgetting to post on my blog about it... thanks for saving me the time)

kids nowdays suck the big one! especially kids that hang around wizards... those are spoilt little brats who deserve to be punched in the face. once they hit their teens they start getting better... or they turn into true fuckpigs!

zenstar said...

oh yeah... he also handed over "two hundred bucks".
wtf is he doing with R200 hush money spare?
little fucker has way too much cash!
he should've spent the cash buying the cards, not stealing them.
go push his shit in, schpat!

(btw: your word verification was qlittort... almost naughty)

Bast said...

I once tracked down my ex-flatmate who owed me money by calling her gym and pretending to be her and finding out whether they had the "right" address because "I" had recently moved.
I felt like a true super sleuth.
Kinda scares me that people give out info like that tho.
If you actually know his dad's name wouldn't be too hard to find out where he works, I bet.