Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Buckets of Blood

Folks I'm really sorry if blogging only happens sporadically for a while, I'm really busy and blogspot is treating me badly from work so I don't have time to type blogs and fight with the internet to get them posted.

Yesterdays role-playing was very cool. It took a while to get into it again, but towards the end there was a great confrontation involving four characters, two of us almost died. This incident is sure to keep people on their role-playing toes. Enough with the chatting I wana play. On that note I really tried to stay focused yesterday, but it was hard with so many distractions. I think this character tension will help though. Also Yancke, you're forgiven for not inviting me to Pancho's, that dbl cheese burger roxxored.

Check out this story about a guy who chased a thief while naked. I've got a lot of sympathy for the poor sod, it happened to me to. Now if you have the toned and firm body structure of Hercules and Adonis you're fine, but my greek god body type is Dionysus! Not a pretty sight!

On the good news front I've visited the costume shop down the road from work. They have almost everything that you could possibly need for your zombie costume. They have liquid latex in 100ml (17.90) and 1000ml (89.00). I bought a small bottle to try out some stuff with textures and layers, I'll let you know how that went. At the moment I'm just dabbing it on my arm and playing around with it, it's cool! They also have the stage blood stuff, in more varieties than you could imagine, The stuff that we used last time is available in small tubes, 1ooml bottles and 1000ml bottles. The 1000ml costs 189.00 really expensive, but worth it if you want a good gory effect. I'm probably still going to buy a wig and some other stuff, but this costume will rock. They also have nose putty and spirit gum and all that good shit! If anyone wants me to pick some stuff up just let me know and arrange to drop of the cash.

On the point of costuming for the zombie outing, please remember the practicalities of the outing when designing your costume. You actually have to sit in the cinema and watch the movie, so no matter how cool a gaping oozing football sized wound on your back may be, Nu Metro may get upset when the oozy gooey stuff ends up on their seats. Also remember that props have to be kept with you the whole time.

Tomorrow I'll post some tips on zombie costuming.

zenstar: Way to sneak in three questions, but I'll answer them anyway. You'd have to pay more than R55 to get the stuff, unless a game of swing-sock was involved. Not all of it. Some of it. There you have it. I expect your answer by thursday so I can deliver the prize!

schpat

2 comments:

Patrick Schreiber said...

Link is fixed.

shop's name is Stage Creations. 10 plein st. tel: 4652510.
they are open from 8:30 t0 12:30 on saturdays.

zenstar said...

i think i'll go for the box... what the hell, i'm curious!
btw: the naked man wasn't raped by a plant, so the story isn't quite the same as yours