Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Finally, an update!

Zombies rocked

A big thank you to everyone that actually came through and made an effort, it's really appreciated. Everybody's been thanking me for organising it but really I didn't do very much, you are seriously the folks who deserve thanks, without you making that effort there would have been nothing. Thanks guys.

All that being said I'm kinda bumed by the way that the pictures turned out. While the difficult lighting in Canal Walk hid a multitude of consuming and make-up sins it also made taking the pictures very difficult. Very few of them came out and as you can see they really don't do justice to the costumes people were wearing.

Also a big thank you to Nu Metro and The One Ring for supporting our efforts, it was really appreciated. Moonflake should have beaten me in the best zombie voting thing, I’ve watched the videos and she totally stayed in character the whole time, chewing on that hand! man.

On saturday I was realty sick, ingesting a total of zero net calories after loosing my breakfast. I still dragged myself off to help Alex out with his HCI project, something I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately his partner didn't pitch and I couldn't make the next day's session. I'm disappointed that I missed that.

Other than that my weekend rocked. I watched some cool movies and a bunch of episodes of Desperate Housewives. That program is actually really cool. And again I put off preparing my tax return, so now I'll have to do that on wednsday night because it has to be in on friday! Also, on sunday I bought a copy of the original Night of the Living Dead on DVD. Cool.

here are some news stories:

PUSA's (of peaches fame) new video has been shot entirely on cellular phones.
Click here if you want to know more

An ANC councillor was beaten half to death with weapons including a steel pipe and a brick at an ANC meeting. Obviously these people are completely rational!??!!?!
Click here if you want to know more

Japanese scientists have caught the first footage of a live giant squid, apparently an 8m specimen! Maybe now they'll discover that bigfoot an nessy exist too.
Click here if you want to know more

In New Zealand a dog has been registered as a voter. The owner said he did it to protest bureaucracy.
Click here if you want to know more

That is all citizen, call back soon.

No comments: