Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Kenyans: Still really fu**ing Dumb!

All I can say is "what a fucking joke"

Kenya is having a referendum to determine if they should adopt a new proposed constitution. The new constitution deals with issues like presidential powers, Muslim courts, women's rights and same-sex marriage. So what do you do when a significant portion of your voters are illiterate? Well obviously you tell them that a banana means yes and an orange means no. It's that simple!

Let me explain further. The powers that be have decided that because a bunch of the voters can't read they will make voting easy by assigning random "neutral" symbols for each of the stand points, this effectively enables those who can't read "yes" or "no" to vote. My question to all Kenyans out there is: "If they can't read how do they know what the proposed constitution says? And if they don't know what it says how can they form an opinion?"

Well the answer to that is really easy, who cares? That's right the issues don't really matter, all that matters is that the "democratic process" is "free and fair". Democracy is apparently the right to cast a ballot, it doesn't even matter if you know why you are voting. Political parties are seriously campaigning that their respective fruits are better than the oppositions because they have higher nutritional values! My god! People should not be allowed to vote unless they demonstrate an understanding of the issues in hand, they should definitly not be voting because they enjoy bananas more than oranges!

"It's not that bad" I hear you say, "it's only Kenya, and we already know Kenyans are dumb!". Well the most worrying thing is that apparently this is "a common practice by electoral authorities across Africa". W-T-F-???

Msanii, if you still read this blog I'm sorry to attack your country again, but I would like to know what you think of this situation.

Zombies in the morning make me happy
Zombies in the evening make me sigh
Zombies at the movies are so happy
Zombies almost always make me smile

Ah well it was a poor attempt to rip off a John Denver song, but I think you get my point.

But anyway, zombies is happening on friday night! Yay! So far the things that have been organised are my costume, my props and my make-up. Also the prizes! I got confirmation that Land of the Dead t-shirts have arrived at Canal Walk, Yay!!! Prizes!!! I've spoken with the manager and organised to pick them up after the movie!.

Things not organised yet: tickets. Yes, we really love the people at Nu Metro, but their software systems and processes suck. I had to phone the head office just to find out what time the movie started because this information is only available to the cinema on a thursday! Also I couldn't book for the movie because computicket had not been updated yet either.

Here's the plan so far:

The movie starts at 8:00pm. Everybody should sort out their own tickets, Computicket's number is 0861 100 220. Arrive at about 7:15 and begin shambling around the movies! Meet and greet new zombie friends!

Cool, see you all there
schpat

No comments: