Thursday, August 18, 2005

Love is all around me

It's been a rather stressful day here due to some restructuring announcements, they've been a long time coming, but the planners here finally found out what their new assignments are. It means the end of a lot of stress for them and, by way of repercussion, me. But that's all over now.

I had a dream night before last and it's taken me a while to process it. Now I don't believe in dreams being portents of the future or anything, in fact I'm sure most dreams are nothing more than the rehashing of current events, then again some dreams are pure wish fulfilment. The dream in question was a combination of the last two categories. I won't go into too much detail other than to say that a few issues I have have been sorted out recently and that probably spurred this dream where all the important issues in my life were resolved. One of the amusing things that happened was that I was given a box of Montecristo No. 2's by an unspecified source, I think the idea was that it was from everybody in my life, this probably means that I think people generally like me or something, or, because cigars are phallic objects that everyone thinks I'm a dick! But I like cigars so it probably means they like me, but what does my love of cigars say about me?

That's why we shouldn't read too much into our dreams!

Like I said it's taken me two days to fully process this dream, I've been remembering different bits and pieces randomly, and now that I've kinda worked it out I'm amazed at how good I feel about my life at the moment, and also how much stress I'm actually under and how good it would feel to get rid of it. Bearing that in mind, and being a proponent of the proactive approach, I took a walk over to my favourite tobacconist and bought a few stogies.

Here's my daily comment on stuff:

No matter what you were told, or mailed pictures about, it did not snow on table mountain yesterday. Those pics are old!


Power Ranger accused of murder. Skylar Deleon has been charged with killing a Californian couple in order to steal their yacht. I'm not sure what colour ranger he was but probably the evil black one, why do newspapers never report the important facts.

In more important news MicroSoft has announced the release date, features and pricing their new Xbox 360. It's gonna come with a pretty hefty price tag, $399, which will mean retail here in SA at about R4000 or so. The big thing is that it's going to be out before Xmas and beat both the new Sony and Nintendo boxes. An early release is why the PS2 has been so successful, the question is: "are ordinary gamers going to wait for a superior Sony box based on the performance of the PS2, or will they cave and buy an Xbox thus ushering in a whole new era in console games?". It's a pretty interesting article, go give it a read.

I see Zuma's been in the news again, maybe I'll comment on that tomorrow or something.

I did manage to set up a SchpatDope mailing list, so sign up now and never miss an issue!

Anyway back to that dream, a big thank you to all the people who know me, you enrich my life and make me happy. I'm really glad to have you around, unless you all think I'm a dick... then you can all just piss-off!

schpat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The XBox 360 was always gonna beat the PS3, and certainly the Nintendo Revolution. Nintendo didn't even try to say that they were ready at E3, which Sony kinda did, but nobody believed them.

Also, ta for the snow on table mountain update, I was wondering about it, but couldn't be arsed to actually find anything out.

And the tip of the dick is called the glans. Patrick even said it last night =)

Anonymous said...

I couldnt imagine running around calling people a glans. You have to admit, Dick Head is much better and simpler terminology.