Monday, August 22, 2005

Amusing SWF inside!

Wow, I didn't realise how much I'd had to drink on friday until I read my blog post this morning, needless to say it made perfect sense at the time. I spent the weekend replacing all the stuff that we lost when they stole Elisabeth's bag, the insurance finally paid out. It was a weekend of great spending, we bought Elisabeth a front-loading mp3 player for her car, the faceplate of her radio was stolen, and it is very nice. As a result I spent the rest of the weekend being driven around in Elisabeth's car so we could listen to it. I went to the folks place for dinner on Saturday and had two roasts and about 6 different kinds of veg, I think my mother was trying to out-do me, she is quite competitive. Much fun was had by all. Also I bought Jenga! Woot!

Here is that special something I promised for Moonflake. It's from Yirmurmha.net, it's linked on the left, go check it out.

Welcome onboard to ArchAngel, go on, check out her blog!

Ok I promised a piece about Zuma, the long and short of it is this: This guy is about as crooked as a drunk walking the white line. He has been caught in dodgy dealings and was offered the opportunity to step-down gracefully, but decline to. Our esteemed prez promptly called his bluff and fired him, he was also charged with corruption. Ever since he has been using his "support base" to place pressure on the govt to drop those charges and re-instate him. His support base includes cosatu, sasco, anc yl and apparently the SAP VIP protection Unit (one of whom seems to live in my block judging by the car parked outside). Cosatu, Sasco and the ANC YL have been calling for his re-instatement and the dropping of charges, even thought by their own admission they know that these demands are not legal or constitutional, but they'd like ol' Thabo to make an exception, just this once I'm sure. The VIP protection unit of the SAPS actually interfered with the investigation into his crimes by preventing a court order, a search warrant, from being executed for a few hours. Here is my view, and if any of you want to forward to Jacob please feel free: Dude, get over it. Take your millions and retire, oh and advise your fellow politicians not to get caught. I don't really care one way or another if you're innocent or not, but a man as desperate to hold onto power as you are can only be bad news. Next you'll be burning the Reichstad!

I've got nothing brilliantly funny to tell you today, but check out this flash game. It's quite amusing. Ogle, but don't get caught!

Anyway, cheers until later.

PS: I've altered the settings so that only registered users are able to post comments. There was just too much blog spam! So sorry to those folks that don't have blogger id's. you should sign up, you don't have to keep a blog or anything, but you will be able to post comments.

2 comments:

Patrick Schreiber said...

well, the drunk post was half joking. At time of posting I decided not to re-read it before publishing. If I had it would probably have been almost sane. But That smegma bit was total inebriation speaking!

Patrick Schreiber said...

My right or your right?