Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Could You Believe It?

Issue two of proper blogging and everything seems to be going quite well. After seeing what a total letdown Lonely Finger was I need to run another competition to raise the game a bit. So if you have any ideas please let me know. Also if you have any suggestions for imporvements here I want to hear from you too.

THAT POKER HAND

Wow, I can't believe how trully fucking HAWSOME that hand was. Ok that post was sent out at 2:10 am so I didn't post any details, only that ultracool pic! Here's how it went down. I was in the BB and very short stacked when, as you can see, I was dealt AA. Under the Gun (UTG) folded and PinkyOnTour called a raise that would have taken about half my already dwindling stack. Yan1978 called and I pushed all-in. Both pinky and yan called, hands were revealed and I already knew that I had gotten all my money in while I was a substantial favourite. When the flop brought A9A I was like totally blown away. I Trippled by measely T$965 to T$2960, this kept me in the game. Pinky won the side pot with Yan, but I was the big winner here. I'm glad I was on the BB here, in another position a raise might have scared one or both of my callers off, but I pushed at the right time because if I had waited for the flop nobody would have called me. What's interesting is that Yan, even with a stack of about T$6K should never have called the reraise, and definetly not called pinky's raised on the turn, he was just too beat.

I eventually came second when I lost with AJ vs KQ heads up agains Yan, he got a K on the flop.

I promise I wont be posting boring crap about poker every day, it's just that quad A's is just so fucking cool!

Doesn't "ruin269ing" look just like FireGolem?

IN THE NEWS

Some prankster may be facing jail time after pretending to rob a bank. The fact that he did something stupid is one thing, he probably deserves some comunity service or something, but the fact that the bank employeses are pushing for jail time is just ludicrous. Get a fucking snese of humor.

This is yet another example of Crazy. some "historical researchers" are suing Dan Brown for stealing thier ideas in "The Da Vinci Code". Now I don't understand this, two "researchers", Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, are upset because Brown used a lot of the hypothesis in there book Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" as plot points in his work of fiction. kooks like this should be so lucky that a best selling book kindles intrest in thier 21 year old "research", god forbid thier book should sell a few copies. What's more Brown actually credits the book in his text and mentions it as "an aclaimed international bestseller", just more proof that Brown was having everyone on if you ask me. What's even funnier is that one of the characters in "The Da Vinci Code" is name Leigh with a last name of Teabing (an anagrame of Baigent). I'll give you two guesses who the bad guy is, I bet that's really why they're upset. Aparently Richard Leigh even stated on tv that he never believed it to be true thier claims to be true, only a plauasable alternative.

And in Cool News(tm), students in Singapore have developed plants that glow when they need water. How cool is that!

TODAY'S PIC

I'm not all that sure that this is funny, but it is interesting. What the hell are these things? And Why?


THAT'S IT

Well I've posted enough for today. I did watch Laurel Canyon a movie set in LA staring such notables asFrances McDormand, Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale and Natascha McElhone (the awful women from the abortion that was Solaris). Again this was a movie that made psychiatrists look bad. Coincedence? I think not!

schpat out

3 comments:

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

i don't know what they are either. but i do know that i want one. they seem a bit expensive though...

Firegolem said...

Hmm, my clones seem to have escaped. They also seem to have much more Dollars than me, the buggers.

Patrick Schreiber said...

TW: It's not that much, only R60, dependening on what they do.

FG: This dude wishes he had $1200, those are only tournament dollars (T$). You get T$1500 for $3 in ths tournament. Ten people play and top three get paid.