Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Schpat Poker Invitational

I'd like to thank everyone who came to the Schpat Poker Invitation, I had a lot of fun and it wouldn't have been possible without you. For those of you who couldn't make it here's how it went down.

Fourteen people started at about 17:00, I say fourteen, but only thirteen were actually there. Due to an unfortunate scheduling issue Garrick couldn't join us until later. Everyone put R25 into the pot and was given 1500 chips. The people who played were
Chelle, Alex, Garrick, Roo, Mike, Beth, Al, Paul, Nick, Hila, Dave, Waynne, Graham and me. Roo took a big early lead with his patented ultra aggressive style and by the time we got to the final table he needed one of the chip cases to transport his stack.

The final table was Mike, Graham, Chelle, Waynne and Roo with a rather impressive chip stack. Chelle and Graham didn't last very long after joining the final table rather short stacked. Mike went out next but managed to hold in there to witnessed Roo losing his chip lead to Waynne and Dave, he walked away with R50. The aggressive play that brought Roo to the final table with an enormous lead just couldn't carry him any further and he was taken out by Waynne and Dave, waking away with R75. Waynne and Dave played heads up for awhile trading small pots until Dave went all in on an A4o and won. Waynne earned himself R100 and Dave R125 for the evening. The tournament finished at about 01:00

After than Al, Garrick, Roo and I decided to play a little five card Draw for a R10 stake. That game went on until 07:30 the next morning going through various silly stages where I did things like playing indian poker, playing blind and playing with my draw open for everyone else to see. During these silly phases I made most of my gains. By the end of the evening the cards were so manky that they wouldn't fit back into their boxes. Thanks to these late partiers for taking the night to a whole other level and a really big thanks to them for helping me clean up.

Well I'm still tired, but looking forward to the next time we do it.

No comments: