Saturday, January 21, 2006

It's the weekend

Well, it’s 09:300 on Saturday and I’m at work. The power outage in the city yesterday afternoon meant that some incredibly important work couldn’t be fininshed and now I’m busy bugging standby DBAs to get their act together and run some damn scripts so that I can get busy.

Other than that I decided to take Elisabeth out last night, we went to Benkei for all you can eat sushi, stuffed myself to just before vomiting, really uncomfortable. I was quite surprised that the first four items I ordered totally made up for the entire cost of the buffet, so I did that twice and then had to eat half of Elisabeth’s second portion and didn’t have enough room for my third sashimi portion, them’s the breaks.

If I ever get out of the office poker is gonna be a blast, I might not always win, but I have a great time playing. I know that some of the regular players have been reading up on tips and strategy, it might be fun to play against some better informed opponents, I just hope it doesn’t make them think too much. It’s like tekken, when you first start you take Christy and button mash your way to glory, then you think you’re great and start trying to time things and make combos, then you just start sucking. I think the best idea is to mash, and mash, and when the rare opportunity presents itself make that play that wins you a big pot. Don’t think about it too much, play from instinct and as you play more your instincts will get better.

Anyway, good luck to all ya all.

Schpat

Damn DBA just screwed up, again.

2 comments:

Synkronos said...

Er... yeah... Tekken and poker. Totally similar ;) I think my views on the matter are pretty self evident, so I'll leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

Ive gota ask, was it really a sushi buffet?! You only pay one price? Please give me the lowdown on where and when this happens!

jasonbagley [@] gmail [.] com