Monday, January 30, 2006

My Weekend

So, My ADSL is all up and working, I’m just having some teething problems with the wireless LAN getting through to my top floor. There’s about a foot of concrete separating the two levels and the signal probably has to travel through it at an angle. I thought radio waves were supposed to be reflected and refracted. I’m going to try a few things like building parabolic reflectors for the aerial or just getting a bigger, I’ll keep you updated.

I also had all I could eat sushi again on friday, pacing myself much better this time I was able to eat more than last time, by that I mean stuff that cost more. The service wasn't this great last week and I was only given three platters in the two and a half hours I was there, I could probably have eaten another two if they weren't closing. The good aspect was that because they were closing the chef practically tripled my final sashimi and nigiri allotment and I got about R200 worth right there. Rock! We also went out to a friends birthday celebration at Borusso’s, which for some reason I was sure was a steak house. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was actually a pizza place! Damn good pizza and very reasonable prices. Early evening entertainment was provided by people who were hanging around after the Met, what I initially thought was HLA actually turned out to be SDGA (Stupid Drunk Girl Action). Later it got quite boring and candle wax provided the entertainment for the rest of the evening. After that Zenstar and Moonflake joined Elisabeth and I for coffee at San Marco at the waterfront. It was cool.

In other good news the SNO now has a website up and running to give us a little information about them. Apparently consumer fixed line telephony and internet access will be available as of the last quarter of this year, that’s barely six months away. You can check out their site here.

As far as online poker goes, I was on fire last night. I played in four $3+.40 ten player SNGs and moneyed three times. Once third ($6) and twice second ($9) for a total profit of $10.40. The other game was just a semi bad decision, it was very early on, like the second hand, I was the BB and I got dealt A7d. Lots of people called the blind and I simply checked. The flop came As9d2d, I had top pair and a flush draw with about 36% chance of hitting so I made a small bet, everybody called and the SB raise slightly, I called and most others folded. The Turn came 6d, the nut flush! I bet large, not all in, but at least half my stack, I have the nuts, nothing can beat me. The SB Re raises me and of course I go all in. Cards are revealed and he had A9o, two pair! Who goes all in with two pair with a very obvious possible flush showing??!?? The next card is an A to fill his boat and my flush is swept away down the river. What a suck out. I wasn’t too disappointed I’d already won a lot for the evening so I said “wd” and went to bed thinking to myself “Just remember that there’s only an 8% chance of two pair turning into a full house on the river mate, the next nine times you’re gonna loose!”. That thought made me happy as drifted off to sleep.

No comments: