Monday, October 03, 2005

Work it Baby, Work it!


When I arrived at work this morning I was really pleasantly surprised to find that the charming young ladies who had had their pictures taken with us last friday had sent them to me. My inbox was full of zombies with pretty girls! What could be better? Here are the photo's for your perusal. The lovely ladies are (from left to right): Sheila, Estelle, Marlize, Anja and Natalie. In the second picture is Sheila and the wonderful Carolise who took the trouble to send the pictures to us.

I think if this trip to Canal Walk as zombies has taught me only one thing it's that zombies have no problems meeting women. I mean I've been to Canal Walk hundreds of times, but this is the first time I've been approached by beautiful women to have my picture taken with them. It wasn't just at Canal Walk either, afterwards at the One Ring another girl was all interested in "touching my wounds" but because I'm already involved in a very loving relationship zen and I introduced her to another of our life-challenged friends. Speaking of which, Carolise: You look like a nice girl, if you or any of your friends are available I'd like to introduce you to one of my friends, the one with the seeping neck-wound right behind Sheila in the first picture. He's intelligent, creative and has a great sense of humour, also the make-up washes off and he ends up looking relatively normal. Go ahead ask around, he's a nice guy, I promise. You've got my email address, or just leave a comment here.

I really hope she leaves a comment. All jokes aside, the fact that you and your friends wanted to have your pictures taken with us meant that we'd done a good job and that makes us happy. Also I'm not really joking about introducing you guys to my friend!

Onto some news:

Well the government has pressurised banks to give home loans to low income earners that ordinarily would not qualify for these loans. Well surprise surprise these low income earners have defaulted on their loans and the banks are loosing money. Now the banks have asked the government to pay for the loans but because they have refused the banks plan on introducing a levy on all bond holders to cover the loss. Just because it's not being charged by the government doesn't mean it's not a wealth tax!

Dear Government

Let me fill you in on a few points here.

1. The banks are in the business of making money

2. The banks will jump at any opportunity to give a loan because it means that they will make money. To illustrate my point I'll mention the pre-approved credit card offers I've been getting lately. If I accept these offers and spend money they will charge me interest and make money themselves.

3. The banks screen clients and assess the risk before offering them credit. Bad risks mean bad debts and lost money. This makes their profitability go down.

4. If the low income earners were good credit risks they would get loans, because the banks want to make money.

5. It's not the banks fault that low income earners are generally not good credit risks. For that matter it's not my (or any other good credit risk's) fault either. Neither we nor the banks should have to supplement the bad credit risks.

6. It's actually your fault, address the problems with our economy and maybe these things will get sorted out! Maybe low income earners will have more credit worthiness.

7. You guys suck, I can't think of an intelligent decision you've made all year!

regards
schpat

I hope they get my note. The last thing I'd like to say about this is to reply to something that banks said. They said:

"All home owners might see it as another tax on them, but should rather look at it as a contribution to making the property market work properly. It's in the consumers' best interest."

The property market is working jut fine, it's a free market! The home loan industry is floundering because the banks caved to government pressure. If this isn't a wealth tax what is it? What are we communists, oh yeah I forgot!

after that rant I thought you might like to hear a rant on a different topic:

Multichoice has decided to introduce a new DSTV decoder that is also a Personal Video Recorder (PVR). They are saying how wonderful the box is but nowhere do they mention or compare their box to the market leader TiVo. After reading up on both options I've decided that the Multichoice PVR is probably as good as TiVo with one notable exception: it does not keep a log of viewing patterns and apply AI to automatically record stuff that you may be interested in. Ok so it's only a small thing, but it is the one pieces of functionality that is really different from a standard VCR. I always knew multichoice would bring something like this out, but I'm disappointed that it does not have this functionality. Maybe in the upgrade.

Anyway that's it for today. Blogger seems to be down, so I don't know when I'll post this.

cheers
schpat

4 comments:

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

moonflake: between you, schpat, and my business degree, it looks like ZA is THE world-wide standard for things governments shouldn't do.

i'm SO glad i live in a country where the only real problems are foreign relations and religious identify. yeah!

w-v: Punching Noses Becomes Callous Life-Force Therapy Jewel

Patrick Schreiber said...

Yeah totalwaste, that and the odd terrorist bombing!

Andrew said...

To be fair, most social welfare systems encourage massive child propagation, simply because they pay a stipend per child.

And once those children are of a suitable age (like, I don't know, three) you can send them to do sex work, and earn even more money.

It's easy.

Anonymous said...

If you're still puzzling over the name Bird's Bath in Kirstenbosch, check out the South African National Biodiversity Institute's site (Kirstenbosch is part of SANBI):
http://www.sanbi.org/frames/kirstfram.htm