Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Year of the Dragon

Last night I watched "A Knights Tale" again. An entertaining romp through a very fictionalised medieval europe with cool outfits and awesome music. It's a story of chivalry, love, fighting and underdogs, it has something for everybody. The best thing about the movie to me is that the characters are so believable in the setting and the acting was very cool. I had recorded it from South Africa's local free to air channel, E-tv, and I was really disappointed that they left out the final "farting" scene after the credits. Alan Tudyk rocks, "it's a lance.... Hellooo!". He looks good with red hair, I'm sure it's his natural colour and that it was dyed for firefly.

MouseWax has run a very amusing story arc on the ComiCon featuring brain eating zombies, Gabe and Tyco, and Jesus dressed as Jean Luc Picard. The arc starts here.

Man I can't wait for the charity book sale at Cavendish on Thursday. Great bargains to be had by all. I've taken the day off so that Elisabeth and I can get there early and have our pick of the cool literary shit. Last year I picked up a book from the 1890's called "the book of all flesh". I love second hand book sales.

So I noticed in my blogger profile that I was born in the year of the dragon, how cool is that? So I went out and checked what that means to me and my personality (my id and my ego for the freudians out there). Basically I'm supposed to be energetic, excitable, short-tempered, stubborn, honest, sensitive, and brave. I'm apparently also not one to make flowery speeches, I inspire confidence and trust, but I do tend to be soft-hearted which sometimes gives others an advantage over me.

Wow, that's like so totally me!

Have you ever wondered what zodiac signs claim the person to be: lazy, boring, dishonest, insensitive and craven? Which people are prone to flowery speeches, inspire doubt and mistrust, are cold-hearted and take advantage of others? Mmm, maybe the year of the politician!

No comments: