Monday, July 25, 2005

OMFG Kenyans are dumb!

An MP in Kenya has called for a ban on condoms because they are made by whites, also they were painful to put on. What an idiot! You can check out the news story here.

In other news it seems that Firefly may still have a second chance. SciFi is screening the original episodes again and in their original order. Now in order to screen the original series Fox must have sold them some kind of rights, however it's still unclear as to whether or not these were full rights or simply the right to screen. These episodes are probably only being screened in an effort to promote "Serenity", but if they prove very popular SciFi may want to make some more. It's a faint hope, but hope non the less. Here's what one slashdotter had to say about the orriginal cancellation:

Whedon: We will rule over this time slot, and we will call it... "This Time Slot".
Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!"
Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

And here's what another has to say about the SciFi News:

"Too bad the FOX execs were a bunch of BUN tyen-shung duh ee-DWAY-RO the first time arround. Give the show to a network that knows what it's doing and appreciate what it has got."

By all accounts the way Firefly was handled by FOX was a compleat fuck up (they didn't even have it on at the same time every week), I'm hoping SciFi will do better.

This weekend I watched Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow, this movie sucked big festering monkey balls. I reneted the DVD and in the special features they had the orriginal short that the movie was based on. It was obviously a student/indy film that was amazinglly well doen to convey that 1930's film style with very little speach. It had good visual effects that were effectivly used to tell the story, like I said there was maybe one line of speach in the whole thing. The acting in the movie by Gwyeneth Poultry-Show and Judith "I'm a big girls blouse" Law was so amazingly riged and stilted that it was very hard for me to suspend disbelief. I've seen both these actors do very well in other movies, but obviously they require actual sets to get into character or some other nonsene. The movie did have a nice comicy feel, but I couldn't enjoy it because the characters were unbeliveable. I normally don't have a problem with setting the bar too high for me to enjoy a movie, maybe this one suffered from too much build-up.

Remember I ranted a bit about people makeing movies exclusivly for cash and not actually loving what they do, well here's a quote that supports my point.

"It's an artistic calling. It's a religion. You shouldn't be doing it as just a day job, to pay for your pool or pay for your house in Barbados. You should do it when it's special, when you'd die for the movie, when the movie is your baby." - Quentin Tarantino.

Anyway, so I've been linking to friends blogs, to kinda make a starting point for myself and others to use. If you want me to link to your blog just let me know in the comments. Even if you don'y want me to link to them, I'd still like ot read them so give me the addresses.

Also Don't forget to leave your comments and suggestions, and your SchpatDope Questions.

schpat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you have spoken to how many other Kenyans to make that qualifying statement?

*smh*

Patrick Schreiber said...

Hey Msaniim, nice to hear from you.

I'm Guessing that you're Kenyan, and that I've offended you. When I said "OMFG Kenyans are dumb" I was using Hyperbole in the form of Generalisation, hyperbole is an exaggeration for dramatic effect. I don't really believe that all Kenyans are dumb, it seems it's only the ones running the country. And just so you don't think I'm attacking Kenya again the same can be said here in South Africa, across our boarder in Zimbabwe, across the Atlantic in the USA and almost everywhere else for that matter.

I hope you've come back here to see my reply to your comment as I'd like to know what you, as a Kenyan, think of Mr Kajembe's comments. Do you agree or disagree. Intelligent conversation, that's what I want, yeah baby

Anonymous said...

i was just being pain... i got what you were saying and for the record the said minster is DUMB

Patrick Schreiber said...

nice to hear from you msanii,

Hope to hear from you again.