Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Unexpected Stress

Wow last night was really hectic. I ended up going to my RP Game and finding out that DragonFire was less that two weeks away, and I hadn't organised thurteem t-shirts yet! Luckily my local art guru was almost done with the graphic and after too many cooks almost spoiling the broth (and definitely causing her undue stress) she got it finished looking really good. We then sat down to a supper of wurst and chips with chippies bbq sauce, mmm.

It was only after supper that I found out about my dire chronological misconception, it was one of the rare times when I actually began to panic. I got hold of all the members of the teem and organised orders, unfortunately we had to call the game to go to Canal Walk and pick up the shirts. While we were there I bought everybody ice-cream (to say sorry for ruining the game, and also as the promised bribe for getting them to accompany me) and played in the crappy Canal Walk arcade. The controls on the Star Wars game were fucked up, and the air hockey game scoring was screwed. I was beaten by Alex 12-9 and by Jason 11-8. After that we had 2 credits left on our card, no game costs less than 2.5 except for the drop-the-tokens-in-the-slot-and-hope-some-tokens-fall game. That game gave us 2 technical problems with the four coins we could afford. Eventually after complaining to the person in charge we won some tickets which Michelle exchanged for a Chinese pencil with pandas.

That and two uncomfortable and abrupt encounters with someone I still consider to be a good friend was my evening.

Woot, Shelagh is coming down for DragonFire.

I must organise Ben, Anton, Nick, Lauren and Sarah to come to DF this year.

I dropped the shirts and design with the printing people this morning and the good news is that they should be ready in time. But we all know how these printing people are so I will reserve my judgement.

Tonight is Dinner with my buddy Paul who is visiting from the UK and tomorrow is the charity book sale at Cavendish, I've taken the day off ;).

schpat out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That truly was a crappy arcade... everything was expensive, their range of games left something to be desired, their fighty games had had the buttons replaced with crappy, clicking, mismached square and rectangular ones (i'm surprised i didn't find a light switch for the punch button), i didn't see house of the dead anywhere, and the star wars controls were rigged! It was impossible to aim properly with that joystick. Man... I remember when arcades had standards... good range of games, proper round buttons, guards to throw out the riff-raff that shook the coin-dropping game machine because their coins weren't pushing anything off the ledge. *sigh* it's a sign of the coming apocolypse i tell you.