Thursday, July 21, 2005

schpat now in space

My god american's are dumb. They've recently developed a "less lethal" (their words) crowd control weapon based on microwave technology (a 95-gigahertz beam). Basically it's truck mounted and when pointed at you makes you hot. The idea is that if heat up the crowd people will leave. I think they've been testing this device in night clubs in Cape Town for years, but they claim that in tests participants were warned to remove eye glasses and metal objects to avoid causing localised hotspots. Here's the stupid bit: people are worried about what would happen if you couldn't leave the crowd, the weapon could prove very lethal. I say, fuck 'em, if you don't want to get hurt, don't do anything illegal, or at least be smart enough to stick to the edges of the crowd!

I promise I'm still going to answer the question about Dewey Dec being a Nazi, watch this space.

Now as the title suggests this blog is officially broadcasted into space on some kind of deep space transmission dish. I hope they point the dish in multiple directions to let all aliens receive my thoughts. For more information check out the link at the bottom.

On that point, I just realised today, while I was reading a Cecil Adams column, that in all likelihood I will never see interstellar travel, or even colonies on mars ala total recall. Now I don't believe that these things will never happen, just not in time for me to see them, it's like finding out that father christmass isn't real... only much worse. In an effort to increase the likelihood of my fantasies coming to pass I'd just like to say:

1 = 1
1 + 1 = 2
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
2 + 1 = 3
3 + 1 = 4
4 + 1 = 5
5 + 1 = 6
6 + 1 = 7
7 + 1 = 8
8 + 1 = 9
9 + 1 = 10
2 - 1 = 1
1 + 0 = 1
1 - 0 = 1
1 * 10 = 10
3 * 10 = 30
10 * 10 = 100
300 * 900 = 270000
30 / 10 = 3
30 / 3 = 10
e = m * c * c
DEAR ALIENS: Now that you have a primer for our maths and therefore language, please send us details of faster than light travel and other nifty things. Alternatively if you don't feel the rest of humanity deserves your gifts, just come pick _me_ up and leave the rest of the scum behind! thanks, look forward to hearing from you in about a hundred thousand years or so.

patrick stuart!

No comments: