Thursday, June 02, 2005

more general stuff

It's been a while since my last blog entry and I thought you lot deserved something. For future reference I will be updating this blog when I do interesting things and I have free time at work.

So what's happened this week?

Not much realy, but this weekend I'm going to two more birthday parties (woot). The first one is ben smith, an old friend and clawmember. It should be fun just general rlaxation and shit talking. The second is alex, also much fun with the pool at the one ring. My brother has lent me his pool que so beware!!!

I'm, also excited that out DnD game is starting again this week and I've prepared some liquid fortification in celebration.

Financially I'm a bit stuffed this month, I've been paying the bond on our old flat and I still don't have a tenant for it yet. Most of this is my fault, but it's starting to catch up with me.

Anyway this is the interesting part of my post:

Last night I watched "CUBE". No, not the autobiographical short film about the life and times of Ice-Cube, but rather the survival-sci-fi-thriller. The basic premise is that 6 strangers wake up in a cell with no idea how they got there (sound's like a few modules I've played) and have to work together to escape a futuristic rats maze of cells and traps. This canadian flick must have been really cheap to make, there are no recognisable actors, I'm sure the whole movie was filmed in one room with different coloured lights, and there are very few effects (those that there are are poorly done). But this does not make it a bad movie, infact it was really good to watch. The characters developed very nicely and had a good party cohesion vs conflict ratio. I enjoyed it and would urge you to see it if it comes on etv again. And it probably will.

Until next time

-schpat

ps: I've noticed that not blogspot members were unable to post comments, so I fixed it.

No comments: