Friday, May 20, 2005

WOW

Well yes, all you people out there that read my blog religiously (thanks d@ve) are sure want to know what I thought of it. Here is the NO SPOILER version.

SWIII:ROTS was fukking great. It is possibly the best SW movie ever, but I haven’t seen the original three recently enough to actually remember. I'll have to buy the DVD boxed set, when I can afford it. There was a lot of really good action, not too much soppy stuff and great character development and plot, with some interesting turns. I say turns because they weren’t totally unexpected, but they were very well executed. Anakin turning was really nicely done. It really was my kinda sci-fi movie. (If you consider me telling you that Anakin turns a spoiler then you must be like 12, and stupid)

A word of warning though, don't take young children to see this movie, unless they are desensitised to evil. There is very bad mojo at work during this film and the good mojo does not win, at least not until later, but you already knew that right?

I've read a few reviews of the movie now and I tend to disagree with them. I don't think the acting or the script was that bad, it was perfect. This movie had some of the best scenes in the franchise, and I don't just mean cgi either. There was one particular "OMG that's shocking" moment that was really disturbing. There were also some nice touches with the look of the various ships, there were x-wing, a-wing, star-destroyer and tie fighter predecessors. The emperor’s shuttle was exactly the same. There was also a scene (outside the senate) where a millennium falcon style freighter lands.

Yoda is the most believable cgi character I've ever seen (or probably been aware of). His mannerisms, movements, expressions... everything. He is also without a doubt the coolest jedi ever, not just the most powerful.

George, you've r0><><0r3d><><0r.

I'd like to thank all the people that saw the movie with me, it was definitely a better experience for having you along.

Web Comic Update:
I found the one I was talking about yesterday, here's the link: http://yirmumah.net/ . Be sure to check out the six weeks of SW stuff in the archives, they are conveniently arranged by story line in a dropdown.

Otherwise not much happened. Dave gave me a Ratskin Gang for Necromunda. I've promised to paint them and start a campaign, as soon as I've got time.

SW has really put me in the mood for Serenity.

I also really thought this PVP was great

master

No comments: