Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's never good when they run

"..certain splinter groups broke away from the main group and ran through the side streets of the CBD causing havoc as they went. The current situation calm and there is no evidence of splinter groups in the area.

We have been informed by the CCID that there is relative calm in the CBD..."


You'd be forgiven for thinking that the preceding was the latest news from the streets of Baghdad, but you'd be wrong. This is part of an actual email that I received from Campus Management at 15:30 today in the wake of the Security Worker protest in Cape Town. My God, what are things coming to.

And the winner is (drum roll)

Moonflake with quote A by a landslide.

Out of his Mouth: “Because he's hiding." —George W. Bush, responding to a reporter who asked why Osama bin Laden had not been caught, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 2005”

In his Head: “And I haven’t finished counting to 100 yet anyway.”



Moonie, let me know where you want your gift certificate from and I'll make sure you get it soon.

When I say landslide I mean 3 votes out of five, the other two went to C and F, with F receiving many honorable mentions in two other votes. Due to general lack of interest I don't know when I'll e running another blog contest, I will run one again, but probably not soon.

Again I have amassed hits on at least 6 of the seven continents, and probably Antarctica too. Go me.

Anyway, other than having tried to poison my wife nothing much has happened this week, life is boring.

schpat out

Ooh Ooh, there might be a Thurteem collaborative blog starting up soon, that's exciting.

This was yesterday's post btw

1 comment:

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

yay, moonflake! i'm very proud to have voted the winner. that almost never happens! ;)

schpat: always remember to take your gas mask to work.