Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Excuse

Andrian, my cat, also known as Andy, Bowsie, Porridge, the child and the C, had to be taken to the vet yesterday. He was limping and it turns out his whole leg is badly swollen and he's got a fever. I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine in the end but I'm actually quite worried. I hate it when he's not feeling well because there's no way for him to let me know and when I do notice something amiss I wonder how long it's been like that and he's just had to suffer with it. At least I can simply pop myself off to the doctor.

Taking him to the vet is a mission in itself. You see we're not allowed to have pets in flats where I live the body corporate is very strict, no animals in the building at all. So I have to hide "The C" every time we have to visit the animal doctor. This process involves sticking him in a cat box, then into a ridiculously oversized cardboard box and stuffing it with towels to muffle any noise that he does make. The I have to carry this huge, but insanely light box to the car. About five blocks away from the flat I take the cat carrier out of the big box and drive with him on the passenger seat to the vet. The whole process is repeated in reverse to get him back in, I don't actually walk backwards though. Needless to say it's quite stressful, more on Elisabeth and I than on him though.

Anyway Andy is at the vet again today and hence the short post, I'll be back tomorrow with more content.

But while we're talking about the Blog Contest. Ok we weren't but anyway. It appears that I made a small mistake by putting the wrong closing date in the sidebar. Well because I want to be fair to everyone I'll keep it that way. You now have until Sunday the 30th to get your Bushism translations in, I've had two entries so far but you still have a decent chance.

Also, if you read the comments you'll see that I've had a visitor from the Antarctic wastes. That completes my collection of visitors from every single continent on earth in one month. Unfortunately it seems that the ip address for the Amundsen-Scott Station is not actually registered in the Antarctic or ClusterMaps doesn't cater for displaying Antarctic hits. So no little red blip for me, but I had the visitor, thanks Blur.

schpat out

No comments: