Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Altworld

Anyway, back to usual blogging goodness for me. Work is quite hectic, thank god it's only a four day week, I don't think I could handle my first one back being five whole days of soul destroying drudgery.

You know, while on honeymoon I had a rather nice massage, from a legitimate therapist dumbass. No, there was no happy ending. That massage left me sore as shit. I couldn't believe how good it felt while the young lady was rubbing her peppermint and lavender oil lubed hands all over my body and how stiff and sore I was the next morning. A day later I felt really super good though. The tension from about a year and a half at work without a decent break had been properly erased by that girls powerful and talented digits.

An interesting aside though. After the massage the wonderfully talented young thing told both Elisabeth and I top drink a large glass of water to dissolve any toxins released during the lymph drainage part. Now I complied with the instruction, but mostly because I was thirsty after an hour and a half of going "mmm", "aahhh" and "OH MY GOD THAT FEELS GOOD!". Then we took a little nap and when we woke for supper we both felt dreadful, Elisabeth was affected worse than I was and felt really shitty. Wow, we thought, they release of toxin thing really did happen, maybe all the other stuff about reflexology, homeopathy and food allergies held a little truth too I thought.

Well that was until a day or so later when I was in the Ladismith computer shop having my memory card copied to CD and I happened to mention how hot and dry it was. "Yes" said the tannie behind the counter, "the drought is so bad that you can't even drink the water!".

"What?"

"Ja, if you don't drink bottled water you'll get sick".

Case solved.

schpat out

PS: Don't forget the contest, entries close on the 30th.

No comments: