Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Christmas Special

So It's been a little while since I’ve blogged, that's because I've been doing loads of work and a little bit of research for the Schpat Dope. I've had a mostly uninteresting week, I visited Zenstar on Tuesday night and we took a little trip to the V&A where we checked out the gadget and toy shops, had Ice-cream and generally arbed for a bit.

HERE'S SOME STUFF FROM THE NEWS


More corruption in the government. I'm sure that by now this totally doesn't shock you at all, but it's always good to know when your Deputy President AND your President have both been implicated in separate corruption scandals. Seriously, undermining a UN trade embargo is a pretty stupid move. I doubt anything will actually come of this, but give it a read.

Another case of mob justice. But surprising about this was that the police were there the whole time, but claim they were powerless to stop it. Personally when people resort to being mobs and start handing out mob justice, it is completely within the bounds of the law to start shooting them, trust me this'll knock the steam right out of them. I think it's more likely a case of the cops wishing they could do what the rest of the crowd was doing, especially since he was suspected of shooting a cop the day before. To be clear here, I feel very little for the know criminal that was killed here, but I still believe that he deserved a fair and speedy trial. As a side note, count the number of time the word "alleged" is used in the article.

How to pleasure yourself and others. This is apparently what a "guide for girls" published by the Women's Institute of the central northern region of Castilla La Mancha in Spain should have been called. The publishers intended for the guide to be a guide on how to "love themselves" and how to give "give sexual expression to others". The guide, aimed at 11 to 18 year olds and distributed in schools, suggested that girls find a "confidante" to give them full body massages, it included pictures of girl on girl massage action. Sounds like a fun read, where can I get one?

I LOVE IT WHEN LOOTING COMES TOGETHER



ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Yes folks, as you've noticed I've added a little widget to the blog that shows where people are reading from. It's quite a nifty little thing that I found thanks to ChityChityBangBang!. What I've noticed is that I have a regular reader in south eastern Europe, probably Croatia or Slovakia. Whoever you are I'd really appreciate it if you give us a shout and let us know exactly where you are. If you have a blog I'd love to reciprocate and read it. I love the way the internet has shrunk the world.

I've also noticed that about an equal number of people read my blog in Jo'burg and Cape Town. If you're in Jozi and reading this drop in a comment. Hell for that matter if you're reading this and have never commented before drop me a comment so I know whom to add to my Christmas card list.

In fact, everybody who responds to this post, local or international, will get a Christmas card from me this year. All you need to do is post a comment saying what town and country you're from, and a blog address if you have one. Then mail me at schpat@gmail.com with your actual address and I'll stick something in the post forthwith.

That's it for today
schpat out

6 comments:

d❤vid said...

snailmail? u R teh luddite!

although I recently found out that in some countries the @ sign is called a snail (in most it's called a monkey's tail) - ironical!

Synkronos said...

As opposed to the at sign? Retards.

Please don't send me an XMas card ;) I don't believe in XMas, much as I enjoy getting presents.

Patrick Schreiber said...

Too late, you're already on the list. Have you been naughty... or nice?

Anonymous said...

isn't synk always ...

and synk, what if christmas believes in you. don't mind me, stress is working me out.

come back moonflake, we (I) miss you (doing your job)

Anonymous said...

hey schpat, wouldn't it be nice if you could get a personal demo from the nubile massage escapism club for xmas instead of a xmas card?

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

Thanks for the visit Schpat.
Glad you liked the "widget" as you called it.
Here's another. Who's online
It actually displays who's online in real time.