Monday, November 07, 2005

AIDS-MAN!

THE WEEKEND

Well I had a really cool and productive weekend. Saturday morning was a lot of sleeping and relaxing, the afternoon was a lot of general housework. The relaxing really helped getting me energised to do the work. On Sunday morning I discovered that Zenstar and Moonflake's fridge had packed up and the freezer compartment was full of food that would rot if quick action was not taken. I went round to pick the stuff up and invited Zen round for supper, because Moonie is away, he had an exam today and I wanted to make sure he had a decent meal. Actually It was really because I could! I cooked Pork Chops marinated in cider with garlic and rosemary. It was yummy. Then we sat on the balcony chatting with Elisabeth for many hours, I hope his exam went well.

IN THE NEWS

Aids man gets prison time. At first I thought that this story might be about a new super hero being unfairly punished because the public were not fully aware of the good he was doing, but I was mistaken. This is a story of a modern-day Typhoid Mary spreading one of the worst communicable diseases in history. I'm glad this guy is getting jail time, but one has to ask what kind of president is being set. Engaging in unprotected sex is risky business, his partners knew that, by not telling them that he was HIV+ was he putting them in more danger than a prudent person would expect? If you answered yes is a friend who purposely understates the statistical probability of death during sky-diving responsible when his buddy is planted? Just a slippery slope for you to think about.

Copernicus' bones found. The remains of the man currently held responsible for Heliocentric theory have apparently been discovered. They plan on doing DNA tests to see if it really is him, although getting comparative samples might be a problem. Now, if it were Galileo's bones they'd have found getting a DNA sample would have been a piece of cake, his hand was removed and stored in the Vatican after his death. They probably also know that it was his body because it would be missing a hand!

Zenstar and I both, independently, claimed to have seen shooting stars last night. Well apparently now is a good time for viewing them, check out this story. At least we weren't in the grip of some kind of mass hysteria or anything.

BODY CORPORATE

Well last week the body corporate of my block had a meeting, unfortunately not enough people arrived to achieve quorum. That sounds sordid! Anyway, the meeting has been rescheduled for today so I'll be off to that soon.

cheers
schpat

ALMOST FORGOT THE LOOTING


7 comments:

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

i'm feeling synk-ish tonight.

precedent.

soz, i had to. and yeah, i agree with moonflake - the precedent (no, no cynicism here) would be punishing a south african for what is essentially murder. how often does THAT happen?

Synkronos said...

Hunger... hunger for LURVE! Or beef, as TW and MF seem to have some story about some Jewish beef having been on offer at some point. I'm... not sure I wanna know.

And Patrick needs his damn spelling corrected ;) It's the only way he'll learn. We have the technology! We can rebuild him!

Synkronos said...

Oh, and look here for the currently most active meteor shower. The Southern Taurids peak from Oct 30 to Nov 7, so quite possibly what you guys saw. And what the Germans and other europeans saw. I know when I see something in the sky I first think 'Oo, meteor' rather than 'OMG! TIN FOIL BEANIES!' That might just be me tho.

Patrick Schreiber said...

Zen and I went: ooh, shooting star!
Ok so we're pleebes.

Also hows corecting my spelling working for you so far synk? At least with the old wiki you could actually edit the posts and fix things yourself.

Synkronos said...

Do you... do you taunt me on purpose, with words like 'pleebes' and 'corecting'?

But yes, I am feeling a bit more... disconnected... than before. Although I do quite enjoy being part of a little subcommunity on blogspot =)

Synkronos said...

Did... did it drip down your chin?

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

and i had a great big ol' smile on my face