Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this Sunday and it's going to be pretty hard to beat last year's gift, a large black dustbin for my mom's kitchen.


So I've decided not to give a gift this year and rather cook a three course meal for my family. This is the menu that I have planned.


Starter







Welsh Rarebit on Home Made Bread


Main Course





Toad in the Hole


Pea Fritters


Butternut Batons


Desert





Queen of Puddings



As you will no doubt notice I've gone with a traditional British theme. While I've done variations on all of the above I've never actually cooked any of it before, with the exception of the batons. I'm really looking forward the Queen of Puddings. It's a crème-moulée based base with a fruit compote layer topped is soft meringue, mmm yummy!
Wish me luck.

No comments: