Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Spurred into action

I know I've been rather remiss in posting to this blog, but many works at place of employment has successfully stopped me. But one thing has spurred me into action, yes I just had to let all of you know about the return of the IOL penis story.

Also there's a new Schpatdope out. It's on genetic memory and worth a read. Also apparently I offend a fringe religious group, go me!

Hey it's also my birthday today. Trev is going to give a budget speech today and if it warrants comment I pledge to you my faithful readers to deliver such comment with as much bias as possible.

Damnit, while I'm here I might as well tell you a little story form the weekend. Elisabeth was in PE visiting her dad, who is sick and in hospital, the whole weekend, so I took the opportunity to play a little poker online on saturday (btw firegolem I play on Poker Stars). I played pretty much the whole day and about 12 hours into it, while on my third meal of left over roast lamb, I was getting pretty tired and told the rest of the table that I'd had a long day and would be leaving soon. One of the other players commented that it did indeed look like I'd had some rough treatment. Huh? I thought. Then remembered that my avatar was a picture of me in zombie make-up from the Land of the Dead party. Lol, yeah 'Dead Tired' I said. About fifteen minutes of puns ensued about 'Dead Man's Hands', being 'card Dead' and when I started winning again 'Digging my way up'. This little exchange really energised me and I continued to play for another three hours booking a $15 win. At the end of the day I finished only a little up and I was very happy with my performance.

Oh and I chatted to Wil Wheaton during his poker tournament on friday.

While I'm on the subject of poker: I'm running a poker tournament at UCT on saturday. It's really small stakes (R25 buy-in) but if you don't already know about it and are interested get hold of me and I'll give you some details. On Monday I got a phone call from a friend of a friend of a friend who had heard about the tournament as was interested in joining in. I was quite keen as long as they were accompanied by the original friend, but what was really interesting was that this guy had heard about a Hold Em tournament that was going to be held at UCT in march as was wondering if this was it. Obviously it wasn't but that's the second time I've heard of a 'Big Game' being held at UCT, it's definitely moved squarely into the ranks of rumour. If anybody else hears anything about this I want to know!

Ok that's enough. And I'm sure you're all bored of poker.

schpat

1 comment:

Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

happy birthday! and so on!